I’m going to do a series of posts so you can get to know a bit more about the people behind the screen, called ‘Bite Size Munchers’. Little snippets to fill you in on our loves, hates and peculiar habits.
What best way to start, than with Munch herself!
10 Things About Munch
1. She is obsessed with sniffing fabric. Any fabric! Socks, pants (clean ofcourse!), tights…nothing is safe from the nose. Often when I pick her up from nursery, I will find her sniffing her hat.
2. She is partial to a strange cuddly toy. Forget your cute rabbits and teddy bears. Munch can often be found clutching a toy bat, humpty dumpty PJ case and an octopus.
3. She loves her grub! This child eats more than I do and will try anything! I often pick her up from nursery to find that she’s had 2 portions of everything!
4. She gives the best cuddles. Ok so I bet every parent thinks their child gives the best cuddles. But I am particularly enjoying the cuddly side she is showing at the moment.
5. Little Miss Independent. She is affectionate, but I recently took Munch to her nursery Christmas party. Whilst the other kids were glued to their parents knees, Munch ditched me within 2 minutes to run through the pile of balloons on the floor.
6. She has a scar on her forehead from getting a cyst removed. She was born with a lump on her forehead, which thankfully was just a cyst. I’m amazed at how well it has recovered in the last year alone.
7. She is hilarious! Again, I bet everyone says the same. But you can be at your most serious and she’ll come out with a classic line like ‘mummy, you look crazy’.
8. She is a book worm. As much as she loves to role play for hours on end, Munch also just adores books. She often drags them out and requests I read them to her. Over and over. Her current favourite being Pip & Posy – The Super Scooter and Zog ‘high, said madam dragon, way up in the sky‘ (yes I know all the words now!).
9. She has impeccable manners. From day 1 we made sure we used please, thank you and pardon. It meant alot of retraining for us too, but it’s paid dividends. I just hope she keeps it up!
10. She is starting to get brown hair now. How everyone comments on her blonde curly locks, but the brown is starting to show. It’s no surprise, as I have thick dark brown hair.
Stay tuned for 10 things about Mummy Muncher and 10 things about Daddy Muncher, which will be posted over the holidays.
What would your 10 facts be about your littlies?
It’s #elftakeover time for a third week! This week the Elf on the Shelf blog hop is being hosted by Reading Residence. Do hop across and link up and see our favourites from last weeks hop.
Munch has been enjoying finding Lady every evening (we’d never get her to nursery if we made it a morning game!) As you can see, he spent most of the time circulating the kitchen.
I just want to point out that the glass image was an instruction I’d left for the hubby! Any hardcore Elf on the shelvers will know this is the wrong way round. His excuse was he couldn’t find a large enough glass.
We look forward to more elf antics this week!
The UK Blog Awards voting opens today and as a parenting & lifestyle blogger, I am entered under the lifestyle category, which has some stiff competition!
Blogging has a different meaning to everyone and I guess everyone has different aims and goals. For me blogging is my own little space on this here internet to share my highs and lows of our little life. From parenting stories of our little girl, sharing style cheats, being organised, experimenting with graphic design, to our ongoing home makeover. I love to document our journey, the things we learn and create a scrapbook of our family life. I wasn’t something that was planned, it just kind of happened and day by day it’s taking over my life. I had no idea I would enjoy it so much.
Along my blogging journey, I have met some pretty fabulous people (you know who you are!) and everyday I continue to meet more. It’s a great shame that we don’t live closer!
Although I blog mainly for me, I think it goes without saying that to be recognised by your category peers is something pretty special. So, if you can spare a moment to cast a vote in the UK Blog Awards (and you think i’m worthy of it) then I’d be pretty chuffed if you chose to cast your vote for little old me.
Voting closes on 26th January 2014 and every voter will receive a free blogging Ebook, which won’t go amiss!
Thanks for reading and I’ll keep you posted of my progress!