It is exactly 1 year today that I started blogging and I can’t believe how quickly it has flown past!
So much has happened in my first year of blogging, that I’m sure I’ll have forgotten some (most) of it. Here are some of my personal highlights:
- Just a few months in, I almost passed out when I saw I’d been dubbed in the newcomers section of the ‘Blogs to Watch 2014‘ by Britmums. It’s not a gold medal, but it’s as close as I’m likely to get to winning one!
- Getting to know like minded people via comments, link ups, twitter and even getting to meet some of you in person at Britmums Live 2014!
- Having Tots100 pick up my ‘Grandparents‘ post as a good read.
- I know it’s just numbers and I’m braced for rotten tomatoes being thrown my way for this one. As a newbie, settling into 500-600 (ish) position on Tots100 and 90-110 (ish) on Hibs100 is always a little bit of a confidence booster.
- Having a hobby I actually enjoy! I don’t like sport, cooking is a chore and I wouldn’t ever get a Blue Peter badge for making anything, but writing about home trends and our family journey is strangely rewarding (and as bloggers, I know you guys get it!)
So, I guess I owe a big thanks to you all for reading, laughing (hopefully) and sharing my highs and lows of life. I hope you stick around for another year and that I get to know you all more as my blogging journey continues.
As you may have seen, I have a giveaway each week this month to say thanks to you all. So please take a look and stay tuned for 3 more exciting ones yet to come.
Love to you all xx